Northrop announces four new Principals
Northrop are pleased to announce the appointment of four new Principals; Peter Young, Rod Pratt, Ali Habibi and Daniel Holland.
As owners of Northrop, each have taken different paths to achieve this prestigious position and are all highly regarded throughout the business.
Principal | Senior Mechanical Engineer, Sydney
Peter Young joined Northrop in 2016 and has over 25 years’ expertise in mechanical engineering across Australia and South-East Asia. With his breadth of industry experience, Peter has worked with teams in multidiscipline leadership roles to develop concepts and delivery outcome focused results for clients.
Peter’s client-focused approach is evident in the relationships he develops, and his recognised ability for providing innovative technical solutions within time and budget.
Leading Sydney’s mechanical team, Peter is committed to adding value to both his projects and to the industry.
Peter’s key achievements at Northrop include:
- Re-built Sydney’s mechanical team
- Instrumental in attracting several key hires to Northrop
- Helped to grow the building services offering across the breadth of Northrop
- Assisted in developing new market opportunities in Melbourne
Principal | Senior Structural Engineer, Wollongong
Rod joined Northrop in 2005, attained his chartered status in 2009 and became a Northrop Associate in 2013. In his role as the Structural Group Manager, Rod manages a team of 10 engineers and drafters.
Rod places a high value on relationships. His main focus is building deep client relationships as well as recruiting, mentoring and developing our people.
Rod has been involved in the structural design and documentation of a number of large high-density residential and commercial projects and subsequent construction phase services.
He has also worked on several high-end architectural homes and commercial projects with well-known architects and enjoys the rigour and complexity of detailed architectural design.
Rod’s key achievements at Northrop include:
- Active in the recruitment space for Northrop, recruiting many of our current shining stars
- Led the Associates Group in recent years
- Influential in strategic planning, increasing our turnover
- Become the go-to-guy for technical, management and client related matters within the office
Principal | Senior Structural Engineer, Sydney
Ali is a Principal Structural Engineer in Northrop’s Sydney team, with specialist skills in high-rise residential and commercial buildings, and engineered timber structures.
With over sixteen years’ experience in the industry, Ali contributes his technical expertise to the design, documentation, and construction liaison for a range of structural engineering works and leads a team of engineers in the Sydney Structural group. He is focused on understanding the client needs for a project and delivering results, on time and on budget.
In the wider industry, Ali is on the Board of Directors for Association of Consulting Structural Engineers (ACSE). In addition, he has presented many papers and presentations, particularly in the area of high-rise developments, earthquake engineering and engineered timber.
Ali’s key achievements at Northrop include:
- Increased our technical ability, particularly with tall concrete buildings
- Developed our timber buildings capability, putting Northrop at the forefront of timber building design
- Growing and developing enduring client relationships
Principal | Senior Civil Engineer, Central Coast
A Senior Civil Engineer, Daniel Holland graduated from the University of Newcastle and has been with Northop since 2007, becoming an Associate in 2015.
Daniel is very client and family focused, and has a strong interest in the built environment and developing integrated engineering solutions that meet and exceed client and stakeholder expectations. Daniel managers our civil engineering team on the Central Coast.
Daniel’s key achievements at Northrop include:
- Chair of Associates Group Steering Committee
- Established the Central Coast civil section, successfully managing it over the last 6 years
- Instrumental in the development of standard civil detail, now used across the business
- Successfully transitioned from structural to a civil engineer